This past summer I finally made the time to visit Yellowstone National Park. It’s been the top entry on my list of things I needed to do in my life, and together with my daughter, we finally drove the 1300miles from Wisconsin to see the park. During the trip, we noticed lots of dead trees everywhere. We wondered what caused it, was it wildfires, geological processes, or maybe climate change. After doing some research, it was really starting to sound like climate change was indeed the culprit.
That gave me the idea for this project. I wanted to start finding historical photos of the park, speak with researchers and park scientists as well as other climate experts, and start putting together a book that shows the effects of manmade climate change on our first National Park.
Here’s the Rough Outline:
- Gather historical photos of the park, and capture current photos from similar locations.
- Spend a minimum of 1 week in the park 4 times during a year to cover each season
- Compare photos from past to present to show the changes of happening due to climate change
- This will be coordinated with various researchers and/or National Park staff to ensure accuracy
- The goal is to tell the story of how climate change is affecting Yellowstone.
- Publish eBook on Apple and potentially Amazon
- If successful, then work to find publisher to publish physical book
- Large portion of proceeds from the sale of the book will be donated to research and/or the National Park Foundation (or similar org)
I cannot wait to get things really rolling. I will be posting detailed costs breakdowns so you know exactly where all of your funds will be utilized. Please be sure to follow along over on my social media pages as well for the most up to date information and planning updates.
The Tie Dyed Wanderer